Tuesday, April 2, 2013

New Nametags for Easter

A few weeks ago, I had the idea of making new nametags for everyone for Easter (125 tags, for starts). The old ones featured one of my least favorite fonts (Papyrus) and a very flat-looking version of the Episcopal shield. The new version features the font Keep Calm (from "Keep Calm and Carry On" and all the memes inspired by it), and a more 3D-looking version of the shield, which can be found here. On a table nearby the nametag kiosk is a clipboard loaded with a few of these forms:
In hindsight, swapping out all the nametags at Easter was probably a risky endeavor; I would have felt really bad if I'd missed anybody. However, I made a list of all the tags I'd made and showed them to "regulars" who know everybody, even the "C&E's" (folks who only show up on Christmas & Easter). I kept all the old tags nearby in a box, just in case I did miss anybody (and if my error was especially egregious, I was there on Easter with the laminator on standby). So far, the feedback on the new tags has been positive (for which I'm very thankful!).

No comments:

Post a Comment