Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nuts for Beans

When I first started working at St. Peter's, I was made aware of a program that had been in place for a while called "Peet's for St. Pete's," in which people would sign up to donate a month of Peet's Coffee for coffee hour for $50. Somehow, this program had fallen by the wayside and folks had been suffering along silently with inferior java for a number of months. I put together this sign and put it on a clipboard to be set out during coffee hour.


I was worried there wouldn't be any signups; $50 is a lot of cheese for beans, in my book. I must have misunderstood the adoration folks have for their coffee; the whole sheet was filled out within a couple of weeks! By June, one family was already asking if they could sign up for August. I picked up a nice 5x7 frame and made this sign that changes monthly; it's on display near the sign-up sheet.


We also make sure to give kudos to the sponsor in the "Noted in Brief" section of our monthly newsletter "The Keys of St. Peter" (something along the lines of encouraging everyone to "raise their cup to the sponsor" at coffee hour). Maybe if the congregation someday tires of Peet's, we could try worshiping at St. Arbuck's! 


No comments:

Post a Comment